This chapter provides a glossary of terms.A.1
- An array refers to the Python object type defined by the NumPy
extensions to store and manipulate numbers efficiently.
- misbehaved array
- A numarray which is byteswapped, misaligned,
- The rank of an array is the number of dimensions it has, or the
number of integers in its shape tuple.
- Array objects have an attribute called shape which is necessarily
a tuple. An array with an empty tuple shape is treated like a scalar (it
holds one element).
- A callable object which performs operations on all of the elements
of its arguments, which can be lists, tuples, or arrays. Many ufuncs are
defined in the umath module.
- universal function
- See ufunc.
Send comments to the NumArray community.
- ... terms.A.1
- Please let us know of
any additions to this list which you feel would be helpful.