tabnanny — Detection of ambiguous indentation
For the time being this module is intended to be called as a script. However it
is possible to import it into an IDE and use the function check()
The API provided by this module is likely to change in future releases; such
changes may not be backward compatible.
- If file_or_dir is a directory and not a symbolic link, then recursively
descend the directory tree named by file_or_dir, checking all .py
files along the way. If file_or_dir is an ordinary Python source file, it
is checked for whitespace related problems. The diagnostic messages are
written to standard output using the print() function.
- Flag indicating whether to print verbose messages. This is incremented by the
-v option if called as a script.
- Flag indicating whether to print only the filenames of files containing
whitespace related problems. This is set to true by the -q option if called
as a script.
- Raised by tokeneater() if detecting an ambiguous indent. Captured and
handled in check().
tabnanny.tokeneater(type, token, start, end, line)
- This function is used by check() as a callback parameter to the function
- Module tokenize
- Lexical scanner for Python source code.